Thursday, March 18, 2010

Something that God spoke to me

I was having a problem with thinking of God as concerned with me. You know, He is soooo big and you wouldn't think that HE would have any time or want to have any time for me. I was also wrestling with the fact that God seemed kind of hard. You know in the Old Testament the requirement were pretty tough. That just didn't seem like a very 'kind' god to me. Well, I knew that all of these things were TOTALLY not true, but there is a difference between knowing in your mind and knowing in your heart if you KWIM. Well, I went to brush my teeth and I usually drink out of the faucet afterwards (LOL yes I still do that ::) :)). I was just thinking of how good the water tasted and God gave this thought to me, "God gave you that water." WOW that stopped me in my tracks! I suddenly really realized that God doesn't have to look like He is being 'kind'. HE gave me life, HE gives me food, HE gave me Jesus, HE gave me the chance to glorify Him! Who am I to say wether God looks like he is being good or anything?! The only thing that I have to do is....

Psalm 84:11
For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

And...

Psalm 147

1 Praise the LORD.
How good it is to sing praises to our God,
how pleasant and fitting to praise him!

2 The LORD builds up Jerusalem;
he gathers the exiles of Israel.

3 He heals the brokenhearted
and binds up their wounds.

4 He determines the number of the stars
and calls them each by name.

5 Great is our Lord and mighty in power;
his understanding has no limit.

6 The LORD sustains the humble
but casts the wicked to the ground.

7 Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving;
make music to our God on the harp.

8 He covers the sky with clouds;
he supplies the earth with rain
and makes grass grow on the hills.

9 He provides food for the cattle
and for the young ravens when they call.

10 His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse,
nor his delight in the legs of a man;

11 the LORD delights in those who fear him,
who put their hope in his unfailing love.

12 Extol the LORD, O Jerusalem;
praise your God, O Zion,

13 for he strengthens the bars of your gates
and blesses your people within you.

14 He grants peace to your borders
and satisfies you with the finest of wheat.

15 He sends his command to the earth;
his word runs swiftly.

16 He spreads the snow like wool
and scatters the frost like ashes.

17 He hurls down his hail like pebbles.
Who can withstand his icy blast?

18 He sends his word and melts them;
he stirs up his breezes, and the waters flow.

19 He has revealed his word to Jacob,
his laws and decrees to Israel.

20 He has done this for no other nation;
they do not know his laws.
Praise the LORD.


God is still the good God the Bible tells us about. HE is good in ways that I cannot understand.... that I don't need to understand. The only thing that I need to know is that God is being good to me every time I breath. Every time I speak. Every time I walk. He is being good to me to give me this time on earth and this family to live in. That's what it's all about. I only need to rest in the above Psalm and not question. I'm not saying that sometimes it's not necessary just for our own benefit to tell God about how we feel. I learned that after we express that feeling that we need to listen to what God's truth says and believe in that no matter what.

2 comments:

Kelsianne said...

Great thoughts! Thank-you for sharing. :)
God Bless,
Kelsey

Anonymous said...

That is very interesting Moe!! I never thought of it that way!!

Ann