Friday, November 19, 2010
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Another thing... our family is experiencing the horror (not really) of the flu. So, if y'all could keep us in your prayers it would be much appreciated :).
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
I don't have a phone!
Do you have any plans for the weekend?
Well, we are most defiantly going to clean house on Saturday... but other than that I wouldn't know.
Has someone ever made you a promise and broke it?
Actually, you have that one backwards. I can't count the times that I've said that I'd do something and didn't... yikes!
Last movie/DVD watched?
The BBC version of Ivanhoe... not that great. Does Geometry lessons count instead?
Does anything hurt on your body?
Not at the moment.
How are you?
Are you excited for next year?
Is your room clean?
Welllllll.... my side at least!
How many pillows do you sleep with?
1 really super duper, flat, pancake-ish one that I've had since I was a little kid! I love it.
What are you doing?
Sitting at the computer with Mama.
I bet you miss somebody right now?
What are you planning on doing after this?
Cleaning the kitchen.
Have you ever read an entire book in one day?
Who did you push last?
I think that I pushed Sammy's bottom down to make her sit.
Who was the last person you had a deep conversation with?
Living 4 Jesus. Both of us gab our mouths off at each-other.
Do you own any band t-shirts?
No. I'm not one for things like that.
What does your hair look like right now?
It's down with a clip in the top to keep the hair mostly out of my face.
Has anyone ever told you that you were their best friend?
Did you get hurt today?
When was the last time you felt upset?
I don't remember.
What are you looking forward to?
Friday when we go play soccer!
Do you currently want something?
Not that I can think of... but I could think of something really fast if you needed me too.
What was the last thing you had to drink?
Who was the last person you said "i love you" to?
I think that was Mama.
Where are you?
In the back part of our dining room where we put our computers.
Do you like to walk in the rain?
Absolutely. Who doesn't?
Do you like looking up at the stars?
Sure... though the only constellation I can find is the Big Dipper.
Do you think you are a nice person?
Do you like swimming?
It is lots of fun! Especially with friends or siblings.
Have you ever swam in the ocean?
Do you go to school?
No. I'm a homeschooler.
Do you want to go to college?
Perhaps. I have defiantly thought about it... but I think that I'll 'cross that bridge' when I get there!
What do you want to be?
Right now, that is a sign language interpreter.
Do you want kids?
Do you like going to the beach?
Well, I've only been to the beach once and the winds were very high. And when the winds are high the sand whips around and stings your legs which isn't pleasant.
Who is the last person you went to the mall with?
I went today! Stephen needed to get his i-Pod Touch (it broke and he got another one for free) from the Apple store over there.
Have you ever had any x-rays?
Who do you hate right now?
The devil and his demons.
Who is the last person you yelled at?
I'm not sure... it might have been one of the dogs.
Who was the last to cook you food?
Mary... she made a cornbread for dinner.
Are you in a complicated relationship?
Ummm.... what is that supposed to mean? Whatever it is the answer is no.
What did you do 2 nights ago?
I went to bed.
Who was the last person you were on the phone with?
That would be Daddy about 5 days ago.
Does a hug make you feel better?
How long ago did you hug someone?
Anything good happening tomorrow?
Not that I can tell.
Do you have unlimited texting?
Actually I don't text... I don't even have the text-er machine
You have to get a piercing, what do you get?
Just a regular ear lobe piercing.
Who was the last friend you got into a big argument with?
I think that was Stephen. We don't argue that much but when we do... uh oh. Watch out!
Your phone is ringing. It's the person you fell hardest for, what do you say?
Sorry but I don't know what this question is asking!
Will you be in a relationship in the next couple month?
Uhhhhh... not at my age!
Did you have any unread text messages when you woke up today?
Do you want to see somebody right now?
I guess. I like it when friends drop in unexpectedly!
Do you think two people can last forever?
When was the last time you had a late night phone call?
Well, seeing as how no one calls me on the phone except for maybe the dentist....
If you could move somewhere else, would you?
Maybe. We've lived here for 11 years and I sort of like change now and again.
Would you be able to date someone who doesn't make you laugh?
You know, I don't really date and I'm not planning on it any time soon.
Has anyone ever sang to you?
Happy Birthday to you! Every year on my birthday.
When was the last time you bit someone?
Probably when I was a little kid... and I don't even remember!
Do you think you can love someone without trusting them?
Is there someone who you can spend every minute with and be happy?
My family. But even them you do have to have some 'down time'.
Last person to make you smile?
Stephen and L4J.
Have you ever wasted too much time on a certain boy?
How was last night?
I slept, so it was great!
If you're being extremely quiet, what does it mean?
I'm tired, have a bad attitude, need a little alone time, am taking a rest from talking and laughing, or am listening to someone.
Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom?
Do you have trust issues?
Was this a good weekend?
Last weekend was good!
Were you happy when you woke up today?
I was hunky dory. I was scrambling to get out of bed and downstairs for Bible reading.
Sunday, July 4, 2010
Saturday, July 3, 2010
Friday, July 2, 2010
Thursday, July 1, 2010
- I'm crocheting a bed jacket right now (I don't wear bed jackets... it looked nice enough to wear for daytime ;).
- I love painting my nails! (*rolls eyes*)
- I exercise by doing T-Tapp (I love it!)
- I'm 5'7'' (like Moriah!)
- I am the third child in my family
- I tripped when I went into the pet store yesterday *laughing*
- I have a black and white cat named Tommy (the name isn't very original. Oh well!)
Thanks Moriah! That was fun... see y'all later!
Monday, June 28, 2010
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Monday, June 21, 2010
And Elisheva @ My Handmade Blessings is giving away the cutest doll EVer! Take a peek HERE.
I hope that y'all have a great day!
Sunday, June 13, 2010
- 2 & 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter, very cold, cut into 1/2 in. cubes
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 4-8 Tbsp. ice water
- Cut the sticks of butter into 1/2 inch cubes and place In freezer for 15 minutes to an hour, so that they become thoroughly chilled.
- Combine flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor: pulse to mix. Add butter and pulse 6-8 times, until mixture resembles coarse meal, with pea size pieces of butter. Add ice water 1 Tbsp at a time, pulsing until mixture just begins to clump together. If you pinch some of the crumbly dough and it holds together, it's ready. If the dough doesn't hold together, add a little more water and pulse again.
- Remove dough from machine and place in a mound on a clean surface. Gently shape into 2 discs. Knead the dough just enough to form the discs, do not over-knead. You should be able to see little bits of butter in the dough. These small chunks of butter are what will allow the resulting crust to be flaky. Sprinkle a little flour around the discs. Wrap each disc in a plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 2 days.
Okay, now that is what the recipe said. I do it a little differently. For on thing, I used Crisco instead of butter. And I don't get the butter as cold as they say. Also, I tend to mix the dough longer and I use more water. The pastry does come out a bit tougher, but it is a lot easier to handle.
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shell
- 1 egg yolk slightly beaten
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. boiling water
- 1 & 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 6 Tbsp. cold butter
- Line pastry with double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove foil. Brush crust with egg yolk. Bake 5 more minutes: cool on a wire rack.
Not very pretty :P.
- 1/3 c. of butter
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 eggs separated
- 1/4 c. of milk
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts
- 1 c. raisins
- 1 (9 in.) baking shell
- Whipped Cream
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolks; beat well. Blend in milk. Stir in nuts and raisins; set aside.
fold into the raisin mixture. Pour into pie shell.
Don't worry if the filling doesn't fill up the pie shell all the way. The filling rises as it bakes.
2. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 300 degrees F; bake 40 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
Cool. Refrigerate. Serve pie chilled with whipped cream if desired.
All of us really liked this pie. Much better than the Shoo fly pie!
After I baked, I got some much appreciated help:
Grace and Joy helped 'rinse' the dishes...
...and Pepper acted as vacuum.
Thursday, June 10, 2010
- Eden at Growing in Him because all of her ideas are lovely
- Elisheva at My Handmade Blessings because I love her ability to craft.
HERE is the link that she provided... and here is what she says about it:
Hey there, just so you know. That is not the only route to go. You can also be a lay midwife. You can become a student to a birth center and begin training with only a high school diploma. It takes a few years but it is all hands on training, with no schooling. It depends on what you want to do. If you want to work for a doctor or hospital you become a CNM but if you want to work for a birth center or do home births you become a lay midwife.
This sounds pretty good! It might be better than going 'all out'. I bet that you could go to a school if you felt like you wanted some book experience in addition to hands on experience.
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
I changed my background so that it would be easier to read... hope it is a bit better!
Monday, May 31, 2010
Saturday, May 29, 2010
...Pepper. She is a 12 yr old Australian Cattle dog. AND Mama has to have a dog too, right? Soooo...
L4J thinks that she has Pit Bull in her. What do you think? Comment and tell me!! Stephen named her Samantha... Sam or Sammy for short.
So, yes, it was a pretty exciting day! I hope that your day was just as good (or better;)! Ta-ta...
God: You are embarrassed to go out uncovered (without clothes on), right?
Me: Of course!
God: Then think about prayer and your Bible as clothes for your spiritual life. It is embarrassing as a Christian to go out into the world with out the covering of prayer and the knowledge of what I say.
Me: *silence* It's not boring now, Lord!
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Hope you enjoyed the pictures. We had a good time!
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Here are the rules:
- Award at least 4 other bloggers.
- Name a someone you really admire as a homemaker.
- Post a Scripture verse that inspires you in daily living (Please not Proverbs 31,be creative).
And here are some verses:
And I think that's it! Next time I post I'm going to post about a camping trip that we took.
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
1. Have you ever swam in the sea? No. But my family did go to Florida where we stopped at a beach. It wasn't very pleasant though. It was very windy so the sand was whipping around and stinging our legs. Yuck :P!
2. What’s your fav book of the Bible? All of the New Testament books.
3. Do you have a favorite baby name for a boy &/or girl? Tell us! I don't have any favorite names but I do have a boy name that I really just don't like... Bartholomew. I don't know why I just don't like it.
4. Where’s your favorite place? Can be specific or general… The Davis Mountains! That was a lot of fun... except for maybe the javelin part, but that is whole story in itself!
5. When & why did you become a Christian? I became a Christian when I was 9 yrs old. My reason? I knew that there was no other way to get to heaven except through Jesus Christ and I certainly didn't want to go to hell!
6. Name a fav movie. Well, I don't really have a specific favorite.
7. What’s something in your closet/wardrobe you love? I have this maroon/pink blouse that I really like to wear. The color looks great and the shirt is comfy.
8. Tell us something interesting, wacky, or unusual about yourself. When I was younger I played outside a lot. However, whenever I got bitten by an ant I wouldn't go outside for the rest of the day.
9. Which is your fav: Psalms or Proverbs? I don't know. All of them are so good!
10. Have you ever dreamed of being a princess? I have dreamed a lot of stuff but I will have to say that I have never dreamed of being a princess. I didn't give much thought princess'. I was too concentrated on my rabbit named Marsh mellow :) :D.
- Are you a dog lover?
- What is one of the nuttiest things that you've ever done?
- God is called many names in the Bible. Which is you favorite?
- Are you a chocoholic?
- If you could go sky-diving, would you?
- Do you live on property?
- What is your favorite sport?
- How many friends do you have?
- Have you ever played a joke on someone?
- Do you know what number does pi equal (approximately ;)?
That was fun! Thanks Bess.
Monday, May 17, 2010
- A blender of some sort. I'm using a Vitamix.
- Elmer's glue. This helps hold the paper together
- Any old paper that you have. I'm using old coloring pages (we have lots of little kids)
- Food coloring... unless you just want an off-white piece of paper.
- And what I call a 'paper maker'. All this is is a wooden frame with Cross stitch fabric glued on the back. If you don't have a 'paper make' a piece of fabric that strains water well will do!
Depending on how well your blender blends you may or may not have to tear the paper up.
This is where the glue comes in. Just squirt some glue in with the paper. This helps to hold the whole thing together. Also, add your food coloring and water. Don't worry about putting to much water in your mixture. The more water that you have, the easier it will be to spread out the pulp. However, if you put WaY to much water in there, it will take a longer time to dry.
After this let the blender take over!
Here is the result... weirdo pulp :P
Spread the 'weirdo pulp' over your fabric or into the paper maker. If your pulp won't spread add some more water. Also, if it doesn't work the first time, you can always stick it back in the blender, add more water and paper (if necessary) and give it a whizz. If you are just making a small piece of paper you may be able to use an iron and iron it dry. However, if you are making a large piece of paper an iron won't work. I tried and the paper ended up sticking to the bottom of the iron. Oh, if you are wondering what the Pam was for, I thought that if I greased the bottom of the iron before ironing the paper it might work a little better. It didn't. I got the same results as when I didn't use Pam. All that was accomplished was that the house smelled like I had been baking cookies :D :D ::).
And here is my finished product:
The bow is made out of gum wrapping paper as is the big 'E'. Then, I just put a little bit of contrast in the picture with the gold bow. Well, I hope that this works out for you (if you try it, of course ;)
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Woo at More 2 This Life and
Zara at Christian Maidens Throughout the World
And this award came from Bess at Bess' Bag. Thank you Bess, gal! This one looks super cool >8.
And I have to award 7 other bloggers:
My brother and I are going to go pick black berries (no NOT the electronic... the food LOL;) so I'll 'see' y'all later ;D